Benefits of Writing a Lasting Power of Attorney with Nene Legal
- Dedicated LPA specialist to look after you throughout the process
- Direct-dial phone number for your LPA specialist
- A full assessment of your needs and explanation of your options
- We prepare all the necessary Lasting Power of Attorney documents for you to sign
- Fixed fee prices agreed upfront before any work on your LPA starts
- We’re here 9am to 7pm on weekdays and 9am to 1pm Saturdays & 10am to 1pm Sundays
The Nene Legal Home-
- Advice: Our home-
visit consultant will use their experience to guide you through the areas where you guidance may be required. This includes inserting the appropriately worded restrictions and guidance notes for attorneys.
- Flexible appointments: We will happily see you when you wish to see us. This could be during the day, in the evening, or at the weekend.
- Comprehensive: The instruction-
taking meeting is comprehensive. We explain how the documents work, and the registration process, before taking the client’s instructions. As a result, you will not need to undertake any research prior to our arrival but will have peace of mind knowing that all of the aspects you should have been made aware of will have been advised to you.
- Face to Face: Our values of openness, honesty, social responsibility and caring for others are core to the service we provide.
- Visits (Normally 2 ): Our first visit is to note your instructions. The second visit is to oversee the completion of your documents.
- Certificate provider: We act as the donor’s Certificate Provider. We undertake the necessary checks to prove that the donor is of sound mind at the time making the document, and not under any undue influence in doing so. We retain the evidence on file should there ever be a query by the Office of the Public Guardian.
- The process: We understand completing an LPA document can be a little daunting for some, however, we will ensure that our clients are confident that we are on hand throughout the process, offering advice and guidance when required. You will be advised of what to expect next, and when.
- Document execution: We oversee the signing of the LPAs to ensure they are completed correctly. We can also act as your witness to these documents if required.
- OPG Queries: We deal with the Office of the Public Guardian on your behalf should they have a query concerning your LPA. This avoids you having the hassle of contacting them.
- OPG registration: The fee quoted includes the registration of the LPA at the Office of the Public Guardian.
- Peace of mind: We take full responsibility for the registration of your Lasting Power of Attorney with the Office of the Public Guardian (OPG), which will require payment of both our fixed fee and the OPG registration fee.